Upstate NY is in the top 3 worst paces to live for allergens!
Sinus issues are such a common complaint amongst people who live in this part of the country! Did you know that you can massage your sinuses? Massage techniques can be used to help alleviate those symptoms created by sensitivity to allergens?
You can massage the forehead, hairline, cheeks, and sinus area. One simple massage consists of
- Place the thumb and forefinger on either hand on the sides of the bridge of the nose
- Squeeze the bridge of the nose for one second, and then release the pressure for one second
- Repeat this process ten to fifteen times
This will open the sinuses for proper drainage. Massaging above and below the eyes will break up congestion as well.
Mind you, neither of these techniques are particularly comfortable, but they seem to get the job done! And if you want me to poke around your sinus pressure points for you, just ask the next time you’re in, I’d be happy to oblige 🙂 Lets see how well it works for you!
Call (518) 744-2315 to schedule a massage today, or give someone the gift of massage!
You might also like:
- Body Shame: A Massage Therapists Perspective
- Manage Holiday Stress: Gift Certificates For Massage
- Relieve Holiday Stress With Massage